Although there are plenty of famous, powerful women like Rosie O’Donnell, Melissa Etheridge and Ellen DeGeneres leading the way for lesbians to be out and proud in Hollywood (and everywhere else), there hasn’t really been a strong voice for biSєxuals. Sure, Lindsay Lohan made biSєxuality “in” again, but her dysfunctional romance with Samantha Ronson wasn’t the type of relationship with which any group would want to be ᴀssociated. Luckily, more sane celebs have been admitting to liking both boys and girls, making biSєxuals all the rage right now. Although Fergie married Josh Duhamel last year, she identifies as bi, as do recent out-ees True Blood’s Anna Paquin (engaged to Stephen Moyer) and singer Vanessa Carlton. So, let’s take a look now at six of the entertainment world’s H๏τtest (and coolest) bi ladies.
1. Angelina Jolie – Angie, who’d had many encounters with women, including a long-term relationship with model Jenny Shimizu, gave up biSєxuality for femme fatality several years ago. Once she stole Brad Pitt away from Jennifer Aniston, she swore off girls for the love of a very pretty man. (Pretty until he grew the beard from Hell, of course.)
2. Drew Barrymore – The child star-turned-superstar is currently on again with beau Justin Long but back in 2003, she admitted to having slept with several women. Said Drew, “I think a woman and a woman together are beautiful, just as a man and a woman together are beautiful. Being with a woman is like exploring your own body, but through someone else. When I was younger I used to go with lots of women. Totally – I love it.”
3. Lady Gaga – Since she’s one of the best famous friends the LGBT community could ever hope to have, it’s no surprise that Gaga (who’s been repeatedly accused of having boy parts, much to her delight) swings both ways. However, the current pop queen insists that her feelings toward women are purely Sєxual—she’s never been in love with a girl. Gaga seems to enjoy that fact that biSєxuality “intimidates” men because, despite the stereotypical fantasy, most of them don’t want to share their women…even with other women.
4. Megan Fox – No doubt that Megan is H๏τ, but she’s pretty insufferable. And she might very well be full of it. The Transformers star told Esquire last year, “I have no question in my mind about being biSєxual. But I’m also a hypocrite: I would never date a girl who was biSєxual, because that means they also sleep with men, and men are so dirty that I’d never want to sleep with a girl who had slept with a man.” Uhhh…OK. We’re sure her fiancee, Brian Austin Green (a man, the last time we checked) really appreciates that sentiment.
5. Jillian Michaels – America’s favorite crazy fitness trainer (The Biggest Loser, Losing It With Jillian) hasn’t really said the big “B” word, but she apparently likes her lovers like she likes her food: healthy. As she told Ladies Home Journal, “If I fall in love with a woman, that’s awesome. If I fall in love with a man, that’s awesome. As long as you fall in love…it’s like organic food. I only eat healthy food, and I only want healthy love!”
6. Nelly Furtado – Many think that, like Christina Aguilera, married pop star Nelly jumped on the biSєxual bandwagon when it was time to sell a new album.Unlike the others on the list, she never actually had a relationship with a woman, and even suggested that it’s an ancient Chinese secret that “all people are inherently biSєxual,” so it’s hard to figure out if she’s really biSєxual or just thinks she should be biSєxual.